Thursday, September 23

Boudicca Song

Gonna cause a stink,
Won't be the first to blink
I'm not who you think,
Don't mess with me I'm...
BOUDICCA!!
My husband Prasutagus died, he was a Celtic king,
I was his Queen, so due to me was half of everything.
Roman law gave half to me, so half was what they got
Till their nasty soldiers came and took the blessed lot.
'Hey Mister, I say you got the wrong end of the stick!'
His answer turned this sister into one angry chick.
No man, Roman'll
Push around this woe-man
You won't get far
With Boudicca.
Bowmen, yeomen
Smash the Roman foe-man!
All say Yah!
Yah!
Boudicca!
I built a massive army headed straight for the city
Beat 'em all with ease, unlike me it wasn't pretty
Chopped 'em and hacked, but what made their red blood
curl.
It's bad enough being beaten, but beaten by a girl!
Whacked them, smacked them,
Boy how we attacked 'em
Near and far,
Ha ha ha
Flayed 'em, slayed 'em
Up and down parade 'em
Boudicca,
Toughest by far
Colches-ter Lon-don Saint Albans
Everybody talk about --
Dead Romans.
We marched on up the Roman Road that's known as
Watling St
They trapped us in the forest,
then thrashed us to a defeat.
By now you've guessed I'm not the kind of gal who'll
sit and cry
Be sold as slave to Romans? You know I'd rather die.
They tried to take me prisoner, so I led the Roman boys
on,
Instead of giving in to them I swallowed special pois-on.
Martyr, smarter,
Capture a non-starter
This was our,
Last hurrah.
Slaughtered, dismembered
Our tribe always remembered.
Boudicca
Superstar!
Boudicca
Superstar!

2 comments: